Why do you need our rat control service?
You have probably arrived here because you have either seen or heard a rat in your property.
We offer a full range of services for rat control, in fact we are unaware of any other local pest control business that can do more for resolving your rat problem than we do – we are the modern day equivalent of the “Professional Ratman” providing permanent rat control solutions.
Why are we so good at rat control?
- We spend the time on getting to the nitty gritty; to do this we ask a lot of questions, often the same ones presented in a different way, we do this to find the scraps of information that you don’t necessarily realise are important, its a bit like being a member of CSI-Ratville.
- We investigate all the appropriate locations; this could be beneath floorboards, within false walls, roof spaces, behind kickboards and radiator guards, SVP boxing, in crawl spaces and probably most importantly we can arrange for your drains to be inspected by people that know what they are looking for and specialise in rat control.
- During our investigations we utilise many tricks to find out how they are entering the property, including the use of luminescent tracking dust and ultra violet baits so as to identify routes to aid rat control treatments.
- Often rats will utilise more than one entry/exit point, if trapped inside a property they can easily find a way to exit often causing damage while doing so. This creates a secondary ingress egress point but we allow for and look for this in our rat control plan.
- When trapped inside with no immediate exit point their first priority will be locating a source of water – this can lead to water damage, as they will chew their way into plumbing pipework, boilers, immersion tanks, covered water tanks, so if carrying out rat proofing work prior to accomplishing complete rat control please take this into account.
- If excluded from a property rats don’t tend to try as hard to re-enter they tender to look for an easier target, unless of-course they have offspring inside, in which case they won’t stop at anything to get to them, which is another good reason for completing any rat control treatment prior to carrying out any rodent proofing work.
- Often after having gone through our initial investigation we will advise that the best course of action is for us to carry out a drain survey – this is never advised lightly but when it is, it usually identifies a long-term access point, often a couple of access points (more often than not as a result of a builders short-cuts or some DIY drain rodding).
- If you have decking we will be doing our best to spot possible access routes into the property from beneath the decking. Outdoor decking is a rats best friend offering ideal cover and harbourage. Often we will recommend that the decking be lifted around the edge of the property, but only once we have identified it as covering a probable rodent entry exit point
- We understand just how big a foe a rat is and what it can do to avoid being caught.
- We fully understand the options available for providing rat control and will discuss the benefits and consequences of providing the various control methods with you, so that the most appropriate course of action can be decided upon by yourself with our professional guidance and advice.
We are rat control EXPERTS it is well worth calling us.
To use rat bait or rat traps
No matter what the rat investigations turn up we will still need to deal with the rats; sometimes this can be done utilising a one-way valve that lets the rats out and not back in again, this is especially the case if they are gaining access to the property thru a drain fault. Otherwise its down to trapping (be they rat traps often referred to as break back traps, spring traps or live cage traps), or we can provide rat control using strategically placed rodenticide attached to lines and fully retrievable so that we know how much bait is being consumed, in a controlled manor.
Advantages to trapping and baiting
The main advantages of trapping whilst carrying out rat control is that it reduces the likelihood of a large rat dying in an inaccessible location and that poison is not being introduced into the general wildlife environment, the main advantage of poisoning is that the infestation can be dealt with with in a fairly quick and easily controlled amount of time normally.
Disadvantages to trapping and baiting
The main disadvantage of poisoning using rat bait is that if you can’t get to the dead rat because its in an inaccessible location such as a wall cavity you may have to put up with a very unpleasant smell for a period of time. Just how long depends upon the size of the rat, the temperature, the humidity, air flow, accessibility for other rodents and insects.
The main disadvantages of trapping is that inappropriately placed traps will not be effective, rats are inherently shy of new objects in their surroundings and will avoid the traps until they become comfortable with them, which will extend the length of time to stop the infestation and complete the rat control.
Contact us Now